Sunday, September 21, 2008

Personal branding




On my first, round of creating identity for myself I tried silk-screen printing. I wanted something original and hand crafted. However, my hand crafted tenancies were not quite up to par. I ended up spending 4 hours and $35. What you do is (1) cut a stencil out of wax paper (I also tried it out of think cardboard and paper - neither successful) (2) place the stencil in the paper (3) do a flood coverage of ink across the silk screen box - place in on the stencil. (4) Then use your squeegee to pull ink across the screen. This puts ink evenly onto the paper. 

However, I would not take my advice because I tried a million times - cut a million different stencils and none of them were very successful.  - so I moved on to Identity plan #2. 

No comments: